Re: The death of a classic

Hi Finn, all,
              It is also worth noting that the manufacturer of the
caps I use (Arcotronics) derates the caps considerably as the
operating frequency goes beyond 10kHz. As much as 50% by the time you
get to 100kHz in fact. And that overlooks the fact that they are
being hammered by step functions.

     I think this incident is a timely reminder that the only good
design is a conservative one. I see nothing wrong with using MMCs in
a pro design but it's as well to remember that pro caps don't cost
the earth for nothing. Probably the rightful place for MMCs that push
the limits performance and cost-wise is the lab.

Regards,
Malcolm