Re: An extremely good MOSFET driver

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:45:32 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "S Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> Those MOSFETs were switching 400V!

[snipped]

It's like
> stepping
> back in time to when you had to worry about getting bit by B+
> voltage!.

Bring back "B+"!

> I don't really see how the PWM chip could possibly care, or have any
> idea
> about what the MOSFETS are switching, since the gate(s) is/are all
> that that
> the driver sees.

[snipped]

I was thinking of a pair of MOSFETs in "totem Pole" configuration where
the upper gate driver must be referred to the output of the pair.  That
IC didn't appear to provide for that isolation.  But no matter...

> Unless, of course the MOSFETS fail...

[snipped]

Sometimes one of the only components left intact was the fuse!

> Sue

[snipped]

If it weren't so tragic that would be funny.

Ken