Re: Streamer loading effect

Hi Wells,

Some of the TSSP measurements a while back took a look at detuning. It
seems several coils achieved their
best spark length when the coil was detuned (more L). From memory, I think
the average detuning was in the
range of 7 to 10%. My coil ended up something like 13% for longest spark
length which also happened to have
the least number of streamers at any given time. I would bet many of our
coils which are tuned for longest
spark length are detuned an amount equal to offsetting the capacitive
streamer loading as compared to a
coils "sparkless" measurements (even if not realized).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Wells Campbell by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wellscampbell-at-onebox-dot-com>