RE: SSTC2 - Four Foot Arcs . . . well until . . .

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

After additional inspection, it appears the Schottky diodes went first.  And
now as i look i see they are only rated for
about 400-500V (oops!).  I'm going to try to see if i can get some higher
voltage ones.  We'll back to my conventional coil.  I'll probably save this
one for later in the fall or early winter to continue on.

Dan

Thinking of those many kVA power levels, maybe you should make the
copper traces on the power side much broader? So that the voltage spikes
along the copper traces (and over the mosfets) get smaller and
schottkys / uf diodes / mosfets don't die on overvoltage.
Especially if you don't already use some kind of dynamic f_res driver
tuning.

good luck,

 - Jan