RE: Possible capacitor

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Josh,
I never tried wine bottles. I must say that though I think plastic is the
better performer, glass is nearly indestructible and easier to procure.

The geek group caps--I've been to that site and I'll be darned if I can find
reference to capacitors there. I'm on the verge of ordering the .056 mfd
Panasonics from Digikey.
Dave Hartwick

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

you could make an ok cap with those
but if you are going to make salt water caps
I put my money on wine bottles.

I used 8 wine bottles in one of my first coils that was powered buy a 15/30
nst
and they worked rather well. If youre still in the beginner phase of
coiling I would highly recommend salt water caps. They will take anything
you can through at them with out failing. If they do fail they are cheep to
fix.
If youre a more advanced coiler I would suggest making and investment in
Geek Group Caps. They arent as cheep as salt caps but they give better
performance and do VERY well under stress.

Let us know how you make out

Read you later
Josh

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn-dot-com