Re: coherers

>>Hi, well i saw someone ask about cutting fine wire for ingredients in a
>>coherer..they were shaved like a sample using a machine like a specimen
>>shaver only the blade was made of carbide and the wire was fed thru a
>>carbide block with many holes for the wire to pass thru.

> Where did you read that?  Sounds like mighty "high tech" for Tesla's
> time, so wonder if someone was playing with coherers much later than
> that.

	IIR, ca 1980, or thereabouts, some research went into
	studying lightning with coherers: cheap detectors that
	could be used to instrument Miles of line.  In the UK.
	I've no proper reference tho, but think it accurate.

	No way of knowing if this matches the first para.

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge