RE: Check the Archives

Original poster: "Dan Kline by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel_kline-at-med.unc.edu>

Hi all,
Except for a one-year sabbatical, I've been reading this list since there
were only 34 members.
I can't count the times I've seen "Please check the archives" ;) I suppose
if this were Usenet, we could just sit around and post "Read the FAQ!"
instead of answering questions. Everytime I read an answer to a question I
get new insights into Tesla-coiling.
In the last three years, several contributors to this list have made *major*
advances in Tesla-coil technology. If I just "checked the archives" when I
had a question, I could miss out on the latest and greatest innovation to
come along, mainly because I wouldn't know what to search *for*. Let's say I
had just read "Tesla-coil Secrets" and "High Voltage Apparatus". I'd be
doing archive searches for "toilet floats", "shellac" and "spring-brass".
And I know I wouldn't have the patience to lurk for a month to find out
what's going on, if I had a coil all set up and just couldn't get it to
work. I think it might be more expedient in most cases for newbies to just
ask :)
My 2 cents.
Dan Kline