Y doesnt coupled voltage go straight to ground-Check the Archives

Original poster: "Writeme Now by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <writeme42-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi All,

I am a newbie coiler and have been a member of the
list for a month now.  I have been going thru the
archives off and on for a year and a half and have
been refraining from asking questions to keep from
sounding simple and uninformed.  I have had 4 years
of electronics training and i understand minimal
calculus in theory but havent had any experience with
applying it to a useful situation.

As mentioned earlier, many people have been asking
virtually the same questions over and over and i
have been gathering bits and pieces from the feedback
to their questions.  This has helped me greatly, but
doesnt answer all of mine.  I have been searching
the archives for specifics but as Terry mentioned, the
archives are getting huge, and as i already found out,
they arent the easiest thing to navigate.

A lot of the messages i open up seem to be repeats
of the same thing, with no added thoughts from other
coilers.  Having a 53k bottleneck doesnt help speed
up this situation.  Just keeping up with the daily
list messages and obnoxious spam takes many hours out
of my day and i do not work and no longer go to school.
I understand a lot of what is going on with building
a coil, but some of the trivial topics either dont
show up in the books or i may have passed over them by
accident.

For example, why doesnt the coupled voltage/current go
straight down the secondary ground and dissipate into
the earth.  I assume the current is attracted to the
earth ground thru either a magnetic field or a
gravitational pull.  If you plunge water up a pipe, and
retract the plunger, the water comes back down the pipe
upon reversal due to suction and gravity.  Doesnt the
reversal part of the oscillation in the secondary have
some type of voltage pull on the topload???

This leads me to my main question . . . cant a search
engine be installed in the archives to help speed up
the search efforts???  This would help out us less
informed beginners and keep some of the veteran coilers
from having to be a beat a lame horse to death.  If there
were still questions, they could be asked accordingly.

I am sure the majority of the list members have a faster
isp connection than i do and dont have to wait a long time
for these messages to appear, but they also have lives . .
. and jobs to tend to.  Having to read thru and answer the
hundreds of posts each day makes me appreciate their vast
knowledge even more.  There is a difference between a newbie
asking a question that a different newbie asked the month
or week before and having to open up and see the same exact
post from the same person more than 2 times.  Keeping up
with this list is informative, but can also be time consuming
and tiring.  I think it might be time for bed now.  Hope i didnt
put anyone to sleep.  Thanks for listening.

Dan H.

http://photos.msn-dot-com/support/worldwide.aspx