Re: NST REPAIR

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: NST REPAIR
>Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 08:19:57 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Allanh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><allanh-at-starband-dot-net>
>
>I've repaired and had failures and successes, NST's. But I wonder if you
>have used gasoline to remove the tar. I've read comments on the list that
>one shouldn't use gasoline, so I wonder if anyone else has tried.
>
>allan

Hi ,

I have never used gasoline, but a friend of mine has.  His transformer
cleaned up ok, but didnt work when he put it back together.  This was due to
a bad winding, not the gas( i think).  I always freeze the block of tar,
then chip away with a hammer and a screwdriver.

Steve Ward.

_