Re: MOT vs. 0pen-frame transformer

Absolutely nothing.. The only thing to watch out for is the breakdown
voltage from the secondary to the core.  If you float the core high (i.e.
leave the rivet on), then the max voltage from winding to secondary is the
secondary output voltage.  If you isolate the secondary (which many have
done), then the core to coil voltage will generally be higher (esp if you
ground the core).