Poweer Controller

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Just a "showbiz" related comment.

While not used for a high powered coil, when I had my 900W coil in the
haunted house, I needed a method that allowed the room operator to turn the
coil on and off without wires.

After some testing, I selected a Heath-Zenith 27mHz transmitter, not unlike
a large garage door opener, to switch full 120AC to the NST. The transmitter
consisted of just 1 push button panel. Push on, push off. It's designed for
powering outdoor Christmas lights and handles 1100 W

The combo came in 3 different channels and my local ACE sold it for $30.

It was used hundreds of times each evening throughout the Halloween season
without any failures.

FWIW for others who might need this kind of settup with a less than 1KW
coil.

Safety First

Ted