Hertzian and non-Hertzian waves

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Hi All,

I've managed to work up some notes which describe what I think
Tesla was referring to with the term non-Hertzian waves in his
plans for wireless power distribution.

I describe the process of radiation as understood by science, what
the terms near field and far field mean, and how the radiation is
altered when the radiator is enclosed in a cavity.

Somehow I did it with almost no math, which is a new one for me.
But does any of it make sense to anyone?

 http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tesla-notes/030802.html

The conclusion I'm led to is that Tesla wasn't such nutcase after
all, in that his ideas make some sense if you make allowances for
his use of terminology. His scheme for power distribution was
unworkable not on the grounds of stupidity, but simply because the
earth's environment turned out not to provide the necessary high Q
cavity.  He was however a little off the mark in his explanation
of the principles of operation.

If anyone actually reads and likes this kind of stuff, even though
it may upset some peoples beliefs, I would be happy to write up
notes on other related topics, eg the energy sucking antennas,
Corum theories, etc.

As this is a little off-topic, can replies and comments come direct
to me?  I'll deal with the good questions in web FAQ.
--
Paul Nicholson