about me and my coil

Original poster: "C.L. Mayeux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <poohbear1961-at-cox-dot-net>

As per a suggestion made by Terry, I'm writing an (almost) quick note to
introduce myself,
and my coil...

My name is Christopher Mayeux, I am a
programmer/webmaster/computerrepairtech from
Chalmette Louisiana (The place the battle of New Orleans REALLY took place).
At one
point in my life, I was employed in the electrical trade, after a 2.5 year
education
at Nunez Vocational-Technical School (now Nunez Community College).
Currently, I
own a small computer programming/webhosting/computerrepair facility called
MSB Data Systems (http://www.msbdatasystems.tk).

During my years in the electrical trade, I had access to a lot of small
scale
high-voltage devices (i.e.: transformers, insulators, fuse jacks, etc), so I
was always
doing some experimenting. I had a big Jacob's Ladder (powered by 15kv/30ma
neon transformer)
that I enjoyed for years, until the transformer blew out. I also had (and
still have) a
small Jacob's ladder, made from an old beer sign's transformer.  Then came
my first real
Tesla coil... it was of the tube-driven variety... nothing more than a
simple Armstrong
oscillator, but it worked.  It operated from an 811A triode, and was
portable...output
was about 60kv.  I could kick myself for never taking pictures of it.
Today, I've started
working on a new coil, which has the potential to be more powerful than it's
predecessor.
...this time, I have a picture.
http://members.cox-dot-net/poohbear1961/coil_sofar.jpg .
Unfortunately, parts are harder to come by, due to an almost non-existent
budget, so it
may take a while.  Pictures of the variac unit have not yet been taken, but
soon will.
The secondary coil hasn't been wound yet, and may take a while due to the
budget, so until
then, I am open to suggestions as to it's composition.

Ok, enough about me.

---
C.L. Mayeux
Owner, MSB Data Systems