Re: coherers

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

davep wrote:

>         In my experience, the majority of stainless steels
>         are not magnetic...

I have just tested all my metal tableware and coins with a magnet.
The coin that I used was certainly magnetic, and all of the tableware
marked "inox" or "stainless" was too. Some were not, even with the
same appearance, but the label was different.

>                 Materials influence is complex and hard
>                 to control.  As simple a matter as changing
>                 to a new file can affect the sensitivity.

As a device with variable mechanical structure, this is unavoidable.

>         Speculation:
>                 There are apparent similarities between
>                 a coherer and an MOV, in some regards.

Yes. Probably a similar effect. But would a MOV "decohere"?

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz