35A V A R I A C reject reason

Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

The reason these huge variacs are being rejected is
because after they were assembled they found that the
windings didn't stay perfectly flat around the metal
donut and when the motorized wiper would keep moving
back and forth in service, as it would many times a
day or per hour, the un-evenness of the wire would
cause the brushes on the wiper to wear out faster. Hey
if it was an electrical reject rather than a
mechanical one, the guy probably would've said "nah, I
don't think you should use these". But how many times
are we going to move the wiper? I doubt as much as the
application they were designed for. He said they are
being put on big giant lights like in parking lots or
stadiums or something to vary the electricity. He said
they did experiments and found for 30% less
electricity they only lost 10% less light. It's a
conservation type thing on some giant lighting
somewhere.

Monday I'll know how much they weigh and how many
there are.
Dan--Ft. Laudedale toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com

__