Re: Calculation of PFC Capacitors using LTR Capacitor

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> Here's a question I've asked before.  Since the secondary of the
> transformer is loaded with a capacitor, why should the input reactance
> necessarily be inductive?  Why should a PFC necessarily reduce the line
> current?  And if it does, why should the correct value of capacitance be
> the same independent of the capacitance in the secondary?
>
> Ed

Because the input impedance at the primary is in simplest turns an inductor.
The impedance of the secondary is isolated from the impedance of the
primary.  Its a magnetic circuit.

Dan