RE: air blast gap

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Sandy,
I too found the air blast gap to be effective, though I have yet to compare
it to a properly working rotary gap.

My current gap uses a blower unit from a heavy duty Oreck shop vac. Air is
channeled through the hollow brass electrodes and blown transversely across
the gap. I have a piece of welding glass positioned in front of the gap so
that its operation may be observed. I've not tried varying flow rate with a
variac so it runs at 100%. I understand max flow  may not be necessary.
Dave Hartwick

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com>

I have found the air blast gap to be simple & effective .

At Chips web site  http.//www.pupman-dot-com under photos/the latest images from
list/
sandys air blast gap --------------- try it --- the construction is straight
foreward----