Re: Transformerless Tesla coil

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

This post reminded me of something posted a few years back by Dr
Resonance on a magnifier thread. We were talking about the operation of
magnifiers when someone came up with the idea of eliminating the driver
coil, and thus the worries of flashover there and other problems with
the primary etc. He said that they had done this before by taking a
normal disruptive coil with two coils tuning it and then removing the
secondary coil to a remote location and connecting the base of the
secondary coil to another tap on the primary right by the first tuning
tap with some heavy gauge wire, such as welding cable. I never did try
it at the time, but now that I have thought of it again, I may have to
give it a go next time I run my coil. The only problem I see with this
is that if you got hold of the streamers you would be connected directly
to the tank circuit, but then again you shouldn't get hold of the
streamers anyway.

<< Jason R. Johnson >>
G-3 #1129
The Geek Group
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity."
 -Albert Einstein