Re: The dumpster again provides

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

It's a Baldor EC1130A02 cap rated 130-156MFD -at-

> 110-125VAC. It doesn't show a short on the meter. But
> I don't know if this is a start or a run cap. I tried
> searching in google but couldn't find anything.

Hi, I'd probably guess right now that its a START cap for two reasons:

1) The capacitance is quite high, usually 60uF (MFD) tops for a RUN cap.
2) It gives a range a capacitance, which is usual for a START cap.

Also, what shape is the cap? Usually RUN caps are oval, and START caps are
cylinder shaped. Another thing, START caps are usually black plastic, while RUN
caps are metal and oil filled (unless they are the small ( < 10uF) ones, which
are cube shaped, and black plastic).

Hope this helps, and not confuses you,
Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon