RE: New Inductance Formula

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Harvey,

>So am I. I see others (Paul N) having a L(dc) and L(es),equivalent series?
but dont understand how or why the inductance changes, or whether it changes
at resonance ect.

This is something I still would like to pursue.  Hopefully the data will
soon be available to the list on a coil's inductance over time.  I don't
have the equipment to measure this yet.  I suspect the variations in
inductance will be small, but there could be some useful information in the
small change over time.  For now, I will use the modified Wheeler formula
for my calculations.

Also, if inductance is absolute to matter and energy, then there must be a
direct formula for calculating inductance.  As Terry and others have pointed
out, Wheeler's formula is based on empirical observations and not on direct
calculation.  This in itself is a clue that inductance may not be absolute
to energy and mass.

Dave