Odds and ends

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all,
  Through regular scrounging, I've happened on many more
great finds. I was wondering if anyone could answer the
following:

I have a very large capicitor, that's about 8" in diameter
and 2' long (cylindrical shaped) with cast aluminum ends.
Specs are as follows:

Cornell Dublier Corp. - New York USA
Cap. 0.01uF 75000 VDC
Type: 6108CC

There used to be two of them but someone broke the second
one before I could get to it. It's got a label on the side
that says "Fragile - do not crush". I've seen these on the
list a while back (someone found a few in the basement of
the company he worked at). Is this suitable for TC work?
Does it contain any PCB's?

I also found a large 3 phase transformer (with selenium
rectifier). Input is 240/260/280 volts, output is 17 volts
at up to 200A (4.8KVA). This will make a really nice pig
when rewound.. Along with this I found a Saturable reactor,
but I have no idea how to hook it up.. Specs are as
follows:

Lindberg Saturable Reactor
5 KVA
220VAC 1Phase
DC Resistance: 100 Ohms hot
Saturation: 4 - 75 volts DC
Spec #: 5sr1-1-60
Serial #: SR-13824

This appears to be quite old, so I thought I'd ask here
first before looking to see what I could find on the net..

I also found 4 vacuum pumps made by W. M. Welch
Manufacturing Co. They're calling them "Duo Seal Vacuum
Pumps". I have 4 models, 2 of which are the same:

R-1400 (X 2)
1397
(no model # on the last, only a serial: 12947-2)

Does anyone know if these are rebuildable? They were gonna
be thrown away, but they looked to be in good working
order.. Also, what kind of oil do they use to run? A few of
them need refilled..

Thanks in advance for any help!

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen