Effects of HV/DC fence chargers.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

hi All,

As one who has horses, and as one who (accidentally) had one hand on the output
of the fence charger and the other on the fence (yes, I completed the
ciruit)..long story about how THAT happened, I can tell you that if it was not
a pulsed supply, I would NOT have been able to let go. It was most painful, and
indeed I was locked there until it cycled off. the 2 second cycle time felt
like an hour. Just be careful. The best way to survive a HV shock, is to not
get one. Sounds stupid, I know, but the fact is that we all get comfy the more
we work around this stuff, and we shouldn't. Stay safe!

CHris W