Hand crank coil (not for not for a telephone)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com>

Yikes! I just realized that the hand crank that I was speaking of was not for a
telephone at all. It was used by the railroad to test for shorts on railroad
tracks. I am still pretty sure that it was 500 volts, but I guess that I am not
so sure that it was DC (I just thought it was DC because I have a hand crank
gyro that came from an old radio, and I know for sure that it is DC). Anyhow,
best of luck to you. Richard