Re: Solid state kicker coil?

Yes they are kicker coils. I have two coil coils. One coil is a commercial
made as a class training unit from the school supply. My home built
It has a primary just like a NTS SG tesla soil, but no spark gap and no NTS.
The kicker coil pulses the 2 turn primary directly hard wired through the
cap and primary. They use the internal LC oscilation of the coil/cap  to
power the primary as there is nothing else to rely on.It is a simple series
circuit. The coil is shunt charged, The power is stoped and the coil sparks.

   Robert  H