Re: Coil ratio; width versus length.

In a message dated 4/3/02 2:21:08 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Edd,

Good question, I've never tried such a tall, narrow secondary
for a spark gap TC.  My guess is it won't hurt the performance
much as long as the coupling is OK.  You can use a TC
computer program to calc the coupling, or measure it
directly.  If coupling is OK, then performance should be OK
I would think.  This sort of thing is not that critical otherwise.

Cheers,
John