Re: circuit board caps

if it's really PTFE, and of high quality, the dielectric strength is quite
good, and what's more, the loss is really low.  200 kv/cm and dielectric
constant of 2.0 is typical for PTFE. loss tangent is less than 0.0002.

If it is PTFE/Glass composite, then it's a bit trickier, because all
composites have lower breakdown strength than the pure materials of which
they are made.  The differences in dielectric constant (epsilon) cause the
e field to be nonuniform, which in turn tends to cause localized breakdown.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Janet Johnson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpjmassage-at-earthlink-dot-net>