Re: Oil Caps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Actually they are not all that big.  I have a plate-in-oil cap with stiff
aluminum plates with about a quarter inch separation.  It is not something
terribly convenient to cart around, but it has .005uF capacitance and I can
only imagine about 25kVAC (more?) voltage rating.   I also have a second one
that has several caps within the tank and if combine in parallel, has .015uF
with, the same voltage rating.  One or both of these were used with a 22kV
transformer of about 10kVA(only guessing here - haven't attempted to determine
the actual rating.
Mike