Re: Silly question?

Several folks have done just this.  I believe it was Finn Hammer who made
his own mini-pig.  I've also heard about people rewinding Microwave oven
transformers. Checking back through the archives, you'd find a fair amount
of information about the necessary core cross section, wire size, etc.
Rigging up a simple vacuum encapsulation setup to pot the secondary winding
for corona and breakdown prevention would be fairly straight forward, or,
you could just sink it in oil.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>