Re: site update

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi Marc/Fellow List-ites

Amen to that - my electrical/electronic construction generally works,
but can only be described as "messy"; I have the greatest respect for
those who can make a neat job.  ...And they make it look so simple!

I'm a bit of a Coil Newbie - I used to "play" with a horrendous
induction coil made from a car ignition coil (removed from can) and
various pieces of Meccano forming a pendulum; this was when I was about
12/13; a few years later, I built a flyback PSU to power a plasma lamp
(old Kilner storage jar, based on design from Iannini's book with the
seriously long title) - then there was Void.  Now, some twelve years
later, my interest has been revived (much to my wife's disgust).

Having only moved here (South Australia) some seven months ago, I
haven't yet accumulated a decent supply of "junk" for my projects (I had
to leave all the good stuff back in England), but I look forward to
starting on my first coil in the not too distant future.  I'm highly
encouraged by the wonderful sense of community that I have found on this
List and am happy to know that, this time, I am not alone in my
experiments...

Cheers

Matthew Smith

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>