Re: Question on Salt Water caps

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You don't need to tape up your SWCs. It won't hurt
anything if you do--it's just a wasted step that will
eat time & money you could spend elsewhere. Have a
look at my collection of SWCs. I've got a river barge
full of them wired in parallel--no tape on any of
them.

Corona is not an issue. I've run mine at up to 15kvac
in an NST system, and over 7kva in a pole pig system.
The salt water glows a little--but no external corona
worth mentioning.

Cheers,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg