From: <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>Tesla list
Date: Friday, September 21, 2001 07:13:05 AM
To: <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: H-E-L-P!!!

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

Hi Terry:

NOTHING. No output.

I setup the coil last night.
I applied power and I am pleased to report that
1. the external NST box and it's HV cables are fine.
2. the triggered gap runs well. snap-snap-snap-snap and bright!

But...no output...streamers..sparks..arcs.
I checked the DC resistance of the secondary and it is dead on with Bart's
Java script: 45 ohms.

I checked various cabling which also appears OK.
The new LTR MMC...I checked DC voltage after a short run and it has a slight
voltage...about.05 and dropping.

What now?

There is so little in a coil how do I troubleshoot?

My PC at home is still down.
I plan to bring the coil with me to the Teslathon on Saturday and hopefully
Bert Pool, Phil Rembold etc might find the problem.
But I thought I'd ask if you have any ideas I could check tonight.

Depressed!

Ted

IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved -
<http://www.incredimail-dot-com/imstampa.html>Click Here