Question on Salt Water caps

Original poster: "Patrick Bloofon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <transactoid-at-home-dot-com>

On most sites I've read regarding salt water caps, they always say to cover
the outside layer of tinfoil in electrical tape, excluding the bottom, and
top edge of tin foil. Now, the bottom is pretty obvious.........but why not
the top? It seems to me this top edge of tin foil would prodocuce
(relatively) large corona discharges and SHOULD be covered?

Patrick