Re: Primary and Secondary?????

Hi Nolan,

I would start out with the primary coil and the bottom winding of the secondary
coil at the same level.  If you start to get racing arcs along the secondary,
you can raise the secondary up an inch or two to get rid of the racing arcs.
As you increase the distance between the two coils, the coupling decreases
which slows the energy transfer between the coils and allows the secondary to
sort of "ring free".  Best to make it so you can adjust the distance as and if
needed.  A paper on this and the zipped word document (bit clearer pics)is at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/sgap/sgap.html
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/sgap/SGAP3.ZIP

Cheers,

        Terry