Microwave parts coil (need help please!!)

Original poster: "Tom Stathes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all,

I recently draged home some microwave ovens from trash
nite.

long story short, i used the 2 MOTs in series, for a
tank supply, i used the blower motor of one to make a
nice RSG.  I used 3 microwave oven caps in series for
about .31uf 6kvac.

My problem is that i cant get any visible output on my
coil.  I origonaly had a 10kv 133ma suply on it with a
.01uf cap  and a static gap. I was getin 21in arcs of
of it.  Now the only way i know that there is hv
produced is when i put a flourecent tube on the
topload it glows dimly.  I know my problem is my coilk
is out of tune, but no matter how many turns i tap it
at it still wont arc to anything.

I think i need a bigger topload, this would increase
the number of turns i would need to tune it, correct??
 The bulb seems to get brighter when i use less turns,
but i obviously cant go less than 1 turn.

Thanks for any help you can give.
--Tom

http://dailynews.yahoo-dot-com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/