Re: New Person here...

Original poster: "Jake Draper by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com>

Hi Robert,
    To tell you a little about myself am 13 years old and some of my hobbies
include computer programming, computer collecting, electronics, skateboarding,
and oh yea building Tesla Coils. I think for you a good size coil would be like
my small one which is a 3.5 X 12" secondary coil form. It gives me about 12-15"
sparks and I built it for free except for the magnet wire which I got from
Brigar Electronics
(<http://www.brigarelectroincs-dot-com>http://www.brigarelectroincs-dot-com) Everything
else, including 2 9/30s, 1 15/30 and 1 15/60 Neon transformers I got or built
for free or extremely cheep (I'm talking under 20 bucks here.) To get NSTs for
free just ask around at local sign shops (hint: almost any sign shop has neons)
for used NSTs and most of the time they will gladly give them up for free. Try
to get the larger ones. For capacitors I use salt water caps which are lossy
and inneficcient but they only cost me about $1.00 to build (to buy the salt)
If you want you can build an MMC also, or if you have lots of money or a friend
in the business you can use professional pulse capacitors. I find SWCs adequate
for now though because this is my first coil. If you want more detailed
information on how I built my coil, feel free to email me off list.
    -Jake D.
    <mailto:cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com>cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com
    http://taradev.cjb-dot-net