Coloured dielectric

Original poster: "Stacy Gillett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgillett-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi List,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success using a coloured (as
opposed to clear) plastic as a dielectric in a home-made plate-type
capacitor.  The reason I ask is because I'm about to build some of Marc's
party cup caps to replace my lossy saltwater caps, and I've already got some
coloured polypropylene cups on hand.  Would the dyes used in these cups have
any detrimental effect on the dielectric strength and/or the RF dissipation
factor of the polypropylene?

Thanks,

Stacy Gillett
http://www.student.unimelb.edu.au/~stacycg/