SW variable cap measurements

Original poster: "Sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All!

 It works!  I used a single 12oz Heineken (green glass) bottle, filled to the
neck curve with SW, in a plastic bucket filled with SW.  My radio shack DMM
told me the bottle by itself (I was holding it by the neck, above the water),
was .172nf    Mkay.  Wrapping my hand around the bottle brought the reading up
to .230nf

   With the bottle's bottom about 1/8" below the surface, I got a healthy solid
.320nf.  With the water levels equal, I got 1.23nf.  The capacitance climbed
steadily as I submerged the bottle in the bucket.  Just too awesome.  But, when
I began to raise the bottle out of the water, the capacitance dropped very
slowly, down to about .7nf.  Wiping the bottle off with a paper towel dropped
the capacitance down a lot.  So the water clinging to the sides of the glass
kept the high capacitance going.  So it works properly for increasing the
capacitance, but lowering it doesn't work so well.  I didn't have any oil to
add to the water to see if that would help.

Next up tonight I'll try a brown glass bottle (Fosters, the best), but I'm
expecting about the same results.

   So I'll have to get myself in gear on my tube coil.

                        so far, so good!  The idea works, I just have to try it
in actual useage.

                Shad

Once I have my tube coil whipped back into shape, I'll have a working system to
test the idea on.    So it works, at least for increasing capacitance.