Re: GE Transformer ???

Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi Ry,

> Type JVM 3 Voltage transfomer  35:1 Ratio
> BIL 60kv             Pri. Vol. 4200
> 750VA -at- 30c AMB  or 500VA -at- 55c AMB
> serial #'s 4210360 and 4210362
Not bad at all!!!

> OK.
> What is BIL?
BIL is the voltage that the secondary is rated for. Usually you can't run a
transformer at it's BIL rating for more than a couple of seconds - it is
really for HV spikes.

> What is "-at- 30c AMB" and "-at- 55c AMB"?
I believe AMB is an old measure of atmospheric pressure - but i ain't sure