Re: The dowel of death - SAFETY

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Hi All...

been following this thread for a bit ...

and I am wondering why do it at all?????

why take the chance?? and if one is still inticed to draw off arcs, use
something proper, make a rod
made from ceramic like the insulators are made from :)   yes I know, nearly
impossible, fragile as
hell, but should be VERY impervious to running arcs if long enuf.   Even
with my small coil, I have
been able to run arcs along a glass rod which was 3' long .... think about
it ....

there is no cheap way around safety...

Scot D