Re: air blast gap

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

> I'm running my coil off of a 15 kV 60mA NST. I had been using until very
> recently, and gap that consisted of two large brass balls, and a fan out of a
> microwave oven.

SNIPPERZZZ....

> What is the SD gap? I don't think I've ever seen plans for it.
>                                     Justin

Hi Justin...

the SD gap is a dual linear opposed multigap

see HTTP://members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/

look under  Tesla Coiling    and see Spark Gaps

the 2 mounting plates are designed to move apart to increase the gap distance
between the tubes...

Scot D