abondoned pole pig

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

I live in a rural area where there are abandoned pole pigs at homestead
sites. Much of the transmission line cable and poles have been removed by
locals for salvage. As a result many pole pigs are hanging on poles which
are not connected to transmission lines. The pigs seem to be intact, but
some have been shot up by high powered rifles. After I got my pigs from T&R
Electric, I never paid much attention to the abandoned pigs. Well someone
took down an abandoned pig and offered it to me for $50. I said that I would
have to think about accepting the pig. My common sense tells me not to
accept the pig. Does anyone know about electric utility policy in regard to
pigs which appear to be abandoned. I really don't want to ask our local
electric utility because they might think that I'm a pig rustler.

Godfrey Loudner