air blast gap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

I've been trying different variations of air blast gaps on my coil recently,
and I've had a small problem. It seems that the faster the air is blasted
into the gap, the more unreliable the gap is. After a few seconds of run time
the gap will abruptly stop firing and I have to flip the power off and back
on again to get it to start firing. Sometimes it wont stop firing at all, and
sometimes is does it quite often. Is there any way to remedy this?
                                        Justin