Re: Heavy build wire for secondary?

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tb3-at-att-dot-net>
>
> Hi,
>
> I just assumed that I should be using a heavy build wire
> for my secondary.  But after thinking about it, I wonder
> if it buys me anything.  After all, we cover the wire
> with tons of poly or something else after winding. But
> the poly does not space the wires appart a bit further,
> like the heavy build would.  Hmm.
>
> So, should I use heavy build wire for my secondary?  What
> does everybody else use?
>
> Terry Blake

Hi Terry B...

I use double Formvar on all of my coils now...   I built one with a standard
varnish coating and it developed serious secondary arc overs and bit the dust
at higher input powers...  the double Formvar coils havent yet fallen prey to
the higher power inputs yet...

Scot D