Re: Toroid Modeling One Last Time

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Bart,
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond.
Your note was very helpful. I had the impression that your graph was
derived with an infinite number of points via ETesla6.
Now I understand that you have plotted these points. So I am curious
now as to what instruments you used to take the measurements.

Looking at the two graphs you put on your web page earlier today
left me a little confused for a change.  :-))
How can the "isolated" capacitance and the "effective" capacitance
both be zero at the same time?
Also, it would make the graph more readable if you would plot (show) the
actual points
on the graph and then draw the straight or curved line that best approximates
the point
distribution.

Thanks again for the interesting discussion. It looks like a lot of work.

Ralph Zekelman