Re: Tank cap problem

On 4 Sep 2001, at 13:49, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

> Hi Malcom, Terry, All
>
> Triggered gaps are very good bu can be inefficient if not properly made. I
> would go for an RQ style multi stage gap with the trigger between the first
> and second segments of the pipe personally.
>
> Regards,
> Jason

My preference is for single section gaps. There are inherent
inefficiencies in wide gap spacings.

Again, the difference in ringdown waveforms between the two types was
pretty stark, at least on the graphs I saw. This was supported by
figures given in the accompanying table. Perhaps the gaps like to
produce streamers as gap spacing no longer controls the cap voltage.

Regards,
malcolm