Re: effective k of a magnifier, was TSG advantages

Original poster: "Daniel Barrett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbarrett-at-clearcube-dot-com>

    I appologize for asking a silly question, but I'm still coming up to
speed on the TC terminolgy. Does 'first notch quenching' mean that the spark
gap is extinguished after the initial discharge of the tank cap into the
primary? If so, is this intended to maximize the amount of time the cap is
allowed to recharge?
Thanks,
db