Re: Successful rebuild

In a message dated 9/4/01 10:48:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi all,
>     Just a question out of curiosity:  Has anyone ever tried running a NST,
>  after depotting, without oil?   It seems to me that the potting is just
> there to prevent moisture from getting into the transformer

Mike,

Coilers have been running unpotted NST's in air for many years.
My TT-42 TC works this way.

  http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

The tar also dampens any possible buzzing in a neon application.

John Freau