Re: Spark Gap Concerns

In a message dated 9/3/01 11:43:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hello Everyone,
>      I recently looked at my Static SG and realized that the copper bars are
>  "grimy". They have a dull cover now with a  hint of green. touching them
did
>  not dirty my hands, I just wondered if this will effect its performance at
>  all.
>  Thanks, Ben

Ben,

Some copper alloys may be better than others.  Some develop
a fuzzy build-up.  This fuzz can almost stop the coil from working.
So any fuzz should be sanded or scraped off.  You can try cleaning
the gap, to see if it gets better or worse or stays the same.  Then
you'll know for sure.

John Freau