New TC design program

Original poster: "Michael Rhodes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rhodes-at-fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th>

To all interested coilers:

> I have finished my QuickTC design program.  It is targeted

toward the beginning coiler but feel it can be useful for more
advanced coilers.  Some of the program features are:

      1.  No lookup tables needed - all calculations normally requiring a
lookup
          table have been replaced with fitting equations generated from tables
    obtained off the Internet except for the wiring size guide.
2.  Metric/English units
3.  Secondary designer with recommended aspect ratios
4.  Toroid calculator with lengths calculated for cutting flexible aluminum
duct
5.  MMC (with life expectancy) and Plate Cap designer (accommodates LTR design
and resonant)
6.  Primary designer including standoff spacers & drill guide &
secondary/primary ratio
    Tap point on primary supplies the turn and the number of degrees in on the
turn
    for more precise initial tuning. Eg. Turn #14 336 degrees in.
7.  Static spark/safety gap calculator using Paschen's equations
8.  Commercial wiring size tables & space winding options
9.  Ability to e-mail your design directly from within the program (need MAPI
compliant
     e-mail client such as MS Exchange, MS Outlook (not Express), Eudora, etc.)
10.  Save and/or print your design
11.  .ini file to store your last parameters automatically
This is a beta version and I would appreciate any comments users would have.

The download page with instructions is:
http://www.fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th/tesla/downloads.html

Direct download is (Full - VB6.0 not installed on your computer 2.01 Mbytes)
http://www.fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th/ftp/QuickTCFull1.01b.zip

Minimum - (Exe and initialization files only 136 Kbytes)
http://www.fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th/ftp/QuickTCmin1.01b.zip

My coil was designed exclusively from this program and worked
flawlessly on first power up (however that could have been a fluke:-)

  Michael Rhodes
  Senior Researcher
  Fast Neutron Research Facility
  Chiang Mai University