Re: Tank cap problem

Hi Malcolm,

The triggered gap's much hotter arc channel seems to give better
performance.  Although the loss charts:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/TgapCompare.gif

do not show a giant difference.  "I think" the very clean switching action
is doing something good.  I don't have much to back that up, but it is my
"feeling" that the triggered gaps seem to really "like" to produce
streamers.  More work is needed...  Perhaps the zero crossings are not
wasting power but confusing the coil's smooth operation to some extent...

Triggered gap work very well.  However, they are not working the way "i"
think they should.  There are some new subtle things going on.  I keep
thinking it is miss firing or noise affecting the dimmers but there is more
going on...

Cheers,

	Terry